We do not know what our chances of survival are, so we fight as if they were zero. The Chapter might lose us and the Imperium might never know we existed, but the Enemy — the Enemy will know. The Enemy will remember. We will hurt it so badly that it will never forget us until the stars burn out and the Emperor vanquishes it at the end of time. -Justicar Alaric
Welcome to Touchstone Events’ first Warhammer 40,000 campaign – Uprising!
Our goal is to create an even playing field where players of varying skill levels can have equal amounts of fun.
Whether you’re a fresh newbie with barely a 500-point army or a scarred veteran with multiple 5,000 point rosters, you’ll be sure to find a worth opponent and have a good time when you join our campaign.
Dates: 18 February to 31 March
Registration Start Date: 11 February
Registration Fee: FREE
We’ll add you to the store’s Whatsapp chat group so you can organize games with our friendly community and receive updates on the campaign.
Table Charges: $4 per game
The campaign runs over the course of 6 weeks (18 Feb – 31 Mar).
It is divided into three chapters, with two weeks of playtime per chapter.
You can play whenever you are convenient and when there are tables available (Mon-Wed evenings, Fri-Sun afternoons).
You’ll be able to earn Campaign Points for playing matches at your convenience. These points can be exchanged for some sweet loot at the end of the campaign. See the “Points System” section below for more information about Campaign Points.
There will be two match formats:
- Traditional 1v1 Matched Play
- Army points can be any amount (minimum 500). We recommend playing 1,500 points for a good balance between playtime and strategic depth.
- Boss Fight (2v1, 3v1, or 4v1)
- The Boss will bring a 2,000 point army.
- 2v1: Each challenger brings a 1,000 point army.
- 3v1: Each challenger brings a 670 point army.
- 4v1: Each challenger brings a 500 point army.
- Follow the rule-of-three when building your army, even if it’s below 1,000 points.
There will be two Bosses available per chapter. They are players from Battle Bunker West Coast Plaza and will let you know their available dates ahead of time so you can schedule games with them.
Each of the three chapters has a specific theme and terrain layout assigned to them, as follows. These are all optional, though you do score more Campaign Points for meeting the condition and playing on the thematic terrain.
Chapter 1 (18 Feb – 3 Mar)
Scenario: A squad of brave soldiers exploring new, unexplored worlds.
Condition: Bring at least one patrol detachment.
Terrain: A long abandoned industrial forward operating base.
Chapter 2 (4 Mar – 17 Mar)
Scenario: A rogue psyker is on the loose.
Condition: Manifest a psychic power or kill an enemy psyker.
Terrain: A destroyed city, urban decay.
Chapter 3 (18 Mar – 31 Mar)
Scenario: Armies led by greedy warlords clash on an open field.
Condition: Have your warlord on an objective at the end of a battle round.
Terrain: Hilly plains with ancient ruins.
Please refer to our Campaign Mission Pack for all 1v1 and Boss Rush missions.
Missions are all based off Chapter Approved 2018 missions, so they should be both familiar and fair.
The Boss Fight mission is detailed in the Mission Pack.
Registered players will be randomly selected to form 2 opposing teams.
You’ll be waging war against the opposing team on this map:
There are two kinds of areas being fought for on the map: Territories and Provinces.
Territories are the individual stars on the map.
Provinces are the large areas divided by white lines.
Whenever a team has filled a Province with more than 50% of Territories under their team’s color, that Province is said to belong to their team.
If both teams have more than 50% share of a Province, the team with the most number of Territories win the Province.
Each time you win a campaign match or win a boss fight, you gain 2 territories for your team. If you lose a match or a boss fight, you gain 1 territory. This is not limited to two games per chapter, so you can keep farming territories for your team if you’d like!
You can earn a maximum of 11 Campaign Points per chapter.
You earn Campaign Points by:
- 1 Campaign Point for playing the match
- 1 Campaign Point for fulfilling the weekly condition
- 1 Campaign Point for playing on the chapter’s terrain or playing the chapter’s mission
- 1 Campaign Point for winning
- 2 Campaign Points to all players for issuing a challenge and for playing the match.
- 2 Campaign Points to all players for defeating the Boss, or for getting a draw.
- 1 Campaign Point to all players for adhering to a special condition set by the Boss.
- Bosses automatically earn the full 5 Campaign Points, regardless of winning/losing.
- 2 Campaign Points if you play both formats in a chapter (instead of two boss fights or two 1v1 games).
- Players on the team with the most Provinces all earn 2 Campaign Points each
- Ties will be broken by number of Territories. If there is a tie again, everyone gets 1 Campaign Point.
- $2 will go into a running pot each time a table charge has been paid for a game.
- Prizes will be awarded at end of the 6-week period.
- Top 3 players (in terms of Campaign Points) get 60% of the combined pot, in store credits.
- Players ranked 4-8th will get 40% of the pot, in store credits.
For further enquiries about the campaign, please feel free to call or email us.