At the end of the day, though he’s been ferried through hell on a ship that’s ten thousand years old to some godforsaken, war-torn rock; though he is one of ten million men and women snatched from his home-world to fight a war he barely understands; though he wages war against a devouring hive-mind, ravenous demons and hordes of hyper-advanced aliens with strange technologies and sorcery he never dreamed existed; no one will remember his sacrifice. All he will earn is a shallow, unmarked grave on a forgotten world untold light-years from home.
Yet for all this thankless sacrifice a Guardsman is a man, just like you. He has no millennia-old genetic engineering, no prophetic leader, no miracles of faith. He has his lasgun, his orders, and those beside him. He is an Imperial Guardsman.
And he will hold the line.
Welcome to Touchstone Events’ second Warhammer 40,000 campaign – Confrontation!
Our goal is to create an even playing field where players of varying skill levels can have equal amounts of fun.
Whether you’re a fresh newbie with only a Kill Team, barely a 500-point army, or a scarred veteran with multiple 2,000 point brigades, you’ll be sure to find a worthy opponent and have a good time when you join our campaign.
Dates: 15 April to 12 May
Registration Start Date: 3 April
Registration Fee: FREE
We’ll add you to the store’s Whatsapp chat group so you can organize games with our friendly community and receive updates on the campaign.
Table Charges: $2 per game, which goes into the prize pool
The campaign runs over the course of 4 weeks (15 Apr – 12 May).
You can play whenever you are convenient and when there are tables available.
You’ll be able to earn Campaign Points for playing matches at your convenience. These points can be exchanged for some sweet loot at the end of the campaign. See the “Points System” section below for more information about Campaign Points.
There will be three match formats:
- 1v1 Casual Play
- For new players or people who just want a simple casual match.
- Game types available: Kill Team, 500-points, 1,000-points, 1,250-points, 1,500-points, 2,000-points.
- You must play one of the Eternal War or Maelstrom of War missions from our mission packs (See “Missions” below)
- 1v1 Competitive Play
- For veterans and people who love the thrill of competition.
- You’ll be playing a slightly abridged version of the ITC Champions’ Mission Pack.
- Games are 1,750-points and 2,000-points only.
- Boss Fight (2v1, 3v1, or 4v1 depending on sign-up)
- Boss Fights are epic events that happen once every weekend, where you can stand a chance to win big rewards. Sign up early to avoid disappointment.
- Each Boss has his/her own special condition or mission that you will need to follow (See “Missions” below).
- The Boss will bring a 2,000 point army.
- 2v1: Each challenger brings a 1,000 point army.
- 3v1: Each challenger brings a 670 point army.
- 4v1: Each challenger brings a 500 point army.
- Follow the rule-of-three when building your army, even if it’s below 1,000 points.
1v1 Casual Missions
- Casual missions are slightly modified versions of Chapter Approved 2018 missions.
- Each game type (Eternal/Maelstrom) has three missions for you to choose from. We suggest rolling a D3 to randomly determine the mission played.
- Click on the links below to see the mission packs:
- For Kill Team games, we suggest using the “Matched Play” missions found on pages 56-59 of the Core Rulebook. You may also play whatever mission and Kill Team game style that you and your opponent agree upon (Arena, Rogue Trader, Commander etc.)
1v1 Competitive Missions
- Competitive games use an abridged versions of the ITC Champions Mission Pack.
- To access our version of the mission pack, click the link below:
- Upcoming Boss Fight: Dean
- Date/Time: 11 May, Saturday, 2pm
- Read the mission here
Registered players will be drafted by Team Captains to form 2 opposing teams – Red Team and Blue Team.
You’ll be waging war against the opposing team on this map:
The map is divided into “Sectors” demarcated by the white lines. Teams wrest for control over sectors, and are rewarded at the end of each week based on how well they have held each sector.
Each sector is tied to a game-type and points value:
- The Periphery: Kill Team
- Adrantis: 500 points Casual
- Markayn Marches: 1,000 points Casual
- Josian Reach: 1,250 points Casual
- Golgenna Reach: 1,500 points Casual
- Malfian Sub-Sector: 1,750 points Competitive
- Drusus Marches: 2,000 points Casual
- Hazeroth: 2,000 points Competitive
Each game win gives your team a planet in the sector of the game-type played. If a sector is full, you remove one of your opponent’s team’s planets instead.
When you capture a planet in a sector, if the opposing team has three or more planets more than your team in that sector, you capture two planets instead.
Players can play people from the same team, but you will not get to claim any planets in that sector.
You can earn Campaign Points as follows:
- 1 Campaign Point for playing.
- 1 Campaign Point if the game is at least 1,500 points, and 1 more Campaign Point if the game is at least 2,000 points.
- 1 Campaign Point for winning the match.
- 1 Campaign Point for playing a member of the opposing team.
- 5 Campaign Points for playing
- 1 Campaign Point for meeting boss condition
- 1 Campaign Point for winning the boss
- Bosses will earn the full 7 Campaign Points just for playing regardless of whether they won or lost.
- In every Sector, for each planet that a team has over the opposing team, 1 Campaign Point is awarded to each team member at the end of each week (counted after the last game on Sunday).
- For example, if Red Team has 3 planets in Josian Reach and Blue Team has 1, each Red Team member earns 2 Campaign Points. Then we count again and award points for The Periphery, Adrantis, etc. until all Sectors have been accounted for.
- The $2 table charge goes into a prize pool.
- Prizes will be awarded at end of the 4-week period.
- Top 3 players (in terms of Campaign Points) get 60% of the combined pot, in store credits.
- Players ranked 4-8th will get 40% of the pot, in store credits.
For further enquiries about the campaign, please feel free to call or email us.